Sunday, August 12, 2007

Altered BABY FOOD JARS


OK - so my younger sister had a baby in December and started feeding him baby food a few months ago. I saw the bottles at my moms house and thought to myself "Maybe I can alter these" Sure enough - it worked!!!!!
Materials:
Paint: Delta Ceramocoat acrylic paint in Opaque Brown Iron Oxide
Finish: Modge Podge
Flower in top of cap: Prima with brad
Misc lace trip
Ribbon: M's
Pins: gold safety pins
Flower tag: SIZZIX originals mini tags - I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the way those tags cut - they are cut with chipboard and distressed.

Both Gerber and Beechnut jars work. I also cut a cirlce with my large circle punch to cover the inside of the lid.

4 comments :

  1. Teri, these are adorable! I love to alter things and you can actually keep these out on your scrap desk and admire them...I know I would!!!!

    (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness these are just adorable!!! Love them so much!!! Fabulous idea and they turned out beautifully!!! Great job!!!

    hugs
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these on the Cricut board and commented there . . . these are fantastic! I JUST realized what these remind me of . . . have you ever seen the movie "Baby Boom" with Diane Keaton . . . she moves to Vermont and starts that "Country Baby" food company . . . she designs her jars, and for some reason, these jars remind me of that! They have a country / vintage feel to them! Anyway, LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete