Sunday, October 19, 2008

BBTB-Tree card




Of course I couldn't JUST DO THE CARD......LOL. I am addicted to using FELT. I love the look and feel it gives my projects. This week we were given the challenge of cutting the TREE CARD cut from the JOYS OF THE SEASON cartridge. I don't know if you can see but the I embossed the background of the tree with the Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder.

I make this set for another special friend of mine from the Cricut MB. Her and her daughter mean the world to me. This mother/daughter duo has been special since the day I became a member on the Cricut MB. I am going to make another set so that they can each have one.

Materials:

**JOYS OF THE SEASONS
**SNOWFLAKE Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Felt
Pattern Paper: CTMH
Cardstock: CTMH
Beads and metallic embroidering string
Rub on: Melissa Frances
Ribbon is from M's

** I purchased the cart and embossing folder from HALLMARK SCRAPBOOK - the only online store I purchase from. They are AWESOME!!!!!

YES - I embroidered BY HAND each and every swirls adding a bead to the beginning and end of the swirls. It took a long time but it was WELL WORTH IT!!!! (Thanks GRAMI CONNIE - wink)

I also used a MIRROR like GOLD paper for the background of the tree, then I added a piece of velum and embossed together - wow the effect is AWESOME because when you emboss the velum, the embossing turns white - what a beautiful look.

Thanks for all the sweet comments and for visiting my blog.

HUGS,
T

15 comments :

  1. HOLY COW!!!! That is such an AWESOME idea!! Beautiful job! How exactly did you do the ornament?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing my friend... I have to go to your house so you can show me how is that you do the fetl ornaments and cards. I have it in all colors and all I know hoe to do is flowers. I LOOOOOOVE your design. ;) Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey T-Bear! :)

    That is simply gorgeous. You'd be silly not to sell these! :) Get to mass-producing them! ;)

    Definitely beautiful. :)

    When can we expect to see some video-tutorials?! :) You have the talent!

    *hugs*
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Teri...this must have taken hours to complete just the hand stitching....you are such an amazing friend...they are gonna love this little duo!!!! This is one amazing project girlie....you ROCK!!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ......THUD! You just competely blew me away.....absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THUD is right!!! this is over the top wonderful! the look of yesteryear that I LOVE! thanks so much for sharing! can you cut felt w/the original cricut?
    STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Teri! *Thud...this is amazing! Super job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Terri this is jaw drooping gorgeous !! yes you should sell these and do video tutorials !! How very thoughtful of you to make these for your special friends !!
    hugs
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teri, this came out amazing! Love the matching ornament!! And congrats on being in this week's Chirp!!
    Hugs, Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teri,
    This is so beautiful....Def one of my favorites this week...Hugs, Krista

    ReplyDelete
  11. OKAY SO LIKE I SAW THIS ITEM IN THE MACYS BOOK THE OTHER DAY........................JUST KIDDING....BUT HECK IT LOOK SO DARN GOOD, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THERE...HUGS..

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is beautiful! As a BBTB entry, it has been named perfectly, as it totally says "Tradition" to me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic project! I'm so inspired and awed. I love how you used the die cut shape and such humble materials to make something more than extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful!!! I love it!!!
    Froggy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh Teri! I totally and completely love these!!!! I can't say anymore than what's already been said. YOU ROCK my talented friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete