Sunday, October 5, 2008

PEAR BBTB CHALLENGE



Oh wow - talk about OUT OF THE BOX ... LOL I wanted this project to be "different". It turned out EXACTLY as I imagined it :o)

Here is a quick story behind the inspiration of this project:
Last year during the holidays a VERY SPECIAL friend of mine invited me to join her in the fabulous tradition of "bulb" exchanging. (For those of you who do not know what a "bulb" is, it's a Christmas Ornament). When we were assigned the PEAR project, I knew instantly that I wanted to make my special friend a BULB from this cut. Of course this will not be the BULB I am exchanging with her, but I will send her my hand made one as a special treat (wink).


I don't know the first thing about sewing except on the small misc. sewing I do on cards and projects. I started off cutting the PATTERN of the pear using the BLACKOUT feature and just a tab bit bigger that the size I originally wanted the pear to turn out. I did this to give myself a small sewing margin. Final pear measures 5 1/4" tall by 4" wide - not a bad size for a "bulb".

I also used the famous HEAT N BOND instructions my sister Regina shows HERE for the middle section of the pear. In addition, I used this method to cut out the pear on the card which is also cut out of fabric.

Remember to visit HALLMARK SCRAPBOOK to get great prices on the Cricut Cartridges that are on sale NOW.

I hope you have enjoyed this week BBTB challenge. To get more amazing ideas of how to use this cut, run over to the BBTB. These girls are outstanding designers!!!!

ONE FINAL IDEA FOR EVERYONE..........THIS PEAR "BULB" CAN ALSO BE FILLED WITH POTPOURRI TO MAKE AN AMAZING SACHE!!!

Hugs to all,
TeriBeri :o)

10 comments :

  1. Teri - this is fantastic! Your sewing is great (and you say you don't know the first thing about sewing...whatever)! :) I love all your projects and your blog. You are one talented lady!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I had no idea this was a "bulb" Ms Teri!!! You RAWK girlie...you are one talented seamstress...don't be trying to fool us girlie!!! LOL!! The whole set is wonderful....your friend will LOVE it....I sure do!!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri,
    Your talent amazes me....You are so creative..I just had to pass a award to you over at my blog...Hope you don't mind...Krista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning !! i soooo love your creations !! you are a very talented lady !! This is sooo beautiful !!
    hugs
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU KNOW ME SIS, I AM JUST TOTALLY SPEECHLESS.............BUT HECK JUST WAIT UNTIL EVERYONE SEE'S YOUR NEXT MASTERPIECE..........HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! Just beautiful. Your creations always rock. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply amazing Teri! I can just say WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your work is so absoutly amazing... it inspires me!!...it blows me away...

    Daddy is touch and go... up and down... keep praying...will keep you informed.

    hugs and love to you
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your "pear" creations are hard to believe! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! What a wonderful gift to receive - someone will be lucky!
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete