Saturday, December 6, 2008

ALTERED CLOTHES PIN





Here is another altered clothes pin I made for one of the teachers. I painted it, covered with pattern paper, distressed the edges with Tim Holtz distressing ink and added the flower and brad. The brad has stickles (thanks Kate for your amazing flower middle ideas) and I also added some rhinestones. The tag is from Sizzix cut from chipboard. I didn't personalize it because the teacher is getting married soon and I didn't know what name she was going to use. I told her she could just hand write it in.

I will be making these altered clothes pins for the teachers for Christmas.

Hugs, T

8 comments :

  1. yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee, i get to leave the first comment...t, i love the colors on this one...you are so sweet to do this for the teacher...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOhhhh Teri, this is beautiful! What a great idea for teacher's gifts. The colors are gorgeous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Teri this is spectacular! You really are an inspiration! I love all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful idea! If you would not mind sharing...where did you find these clothes pins and how big are they?
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy email me: teriberi@bellsouth.net and I will give you specifics.
    Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Teri this is soooo cool! I love it!
    The teachers are going to love them!
    Hugs, Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this is almost a year old!
    But, I was searching for altered clothspins and yours came up and I LOVE IT! It's soooo adorable! :)

    But, could you tell me how you painted it? Did you take it apart...paint it and then put back together?

    I have never altered a project in my life!...this is my first attempt, but I think it will be simple enough :)I want to make some of these for Christmas gifts this year.

    I don't know how bloggers work, since I don't have one. (at least not yet). :) However, I hope that you receive this...even though I'm leaving a comment on a post that is coming up to it's 1st B-day :)

    Thank you....and I know this was long...Sorry! But, you do gorgeous work Terri! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG...I love these. So decorative and yet functional. Where do you get the big clothes pins and how big are they?

    ReplyDelete