Sunday, January 18, 2009

CIRCLE SENTIMENTS ON MS WORD

Yesterday I taught a 4 card and matching envelope class as my local scrapbook store and I had a blast. My students were ALL so sweet and talented. I made circle sentiments for all of them for their cards and they asked that I please give them instructions on the HOW TO. I know I said I would post yesterday but it was my son's birthday and I just didn't get a chance so here it is.

THANKS TO ALL THE GIRLS THAT ATTENDED MY CLASS - YOU WERE ALL FABULOUS!!!!

Hugs to all,
Teri

Here is a step by step with picures........I used MS Word for MAC but I am sure they are the same or at least very close....

On the tool bar you are going to choose:
"Insert"
"Picture"
"Word Art"



Usually once you choose WORD ART, the Wort Art toolbar will appear at the top, if not you can go to VIEW, TOOL BAR and choose WORD ART.

Next you choose the STYLE of letters - plain, with shadows, etc.



After you choose the Style letters a screen will appear where you will type in the sentiment you want, choose your font and size. After you type in the sentiment, click OK and it will appear on your page.





Next you will get your sentiment in a circle. In the WORD ART tool bar there is an icon that looks like this:



you will highlight the icon and choose the FULL CIRCLE - click it and your sentiment will be a full circle.



Your sentiment will then look like this:



Next you have to choose the size of the sentiment by choosing FORMAT on the toolbar, click on "BORDERS AND SHADING" and then click on "SIZE"





I choose 3" x 3" for this sentiment just as an example.



Once you click OK your sentiment will be in a circle like this:



If you run the cursor over the letters a little hand will appear - this grabs the sentiment and loves it anywhere on the page:



THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!!

It may seem like a lot of steps but after you do it a few times, it becomes easier.

To edit the sentiment, just double click on the words and you can edit the words.

Hope you all have fun with the new technique.

Hugs, TeriBeri

17 comments :

  1. COOL girlie! YOU are amazing! THANK YOU! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love how easy that is?!?!! Great tutorial!

    It's very similar in Word. To make the words into a Circle...
    In the Word Art tool "Change Shape" and select the circle to create the word art circle. Then Format the Word Art SIZE to make the height and width the same for a circle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be so useful, T-Bear! :)

    I've nominated you for an award. Check it out on my blog. :)

    http://tedologycrafts.blogspot.com/

    Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wish I could have come to your class.. great video. Thank U - you made it very easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teri, I left something on my blog for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started to follow your blog and love it so I left a little something for you on my blog
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah girlie!!!! You are AWESOME!!! You make it so easy to follow your instructions! Thank you so much for posting this! You are one amazing ladybug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooh!!! thank you so much for sharing this. i cant wait to play
    hugs
    jennie
    (jcscraphappy)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teri,
    Wow! Good job my sweet friend..Happy Birthday to that cute little boy...Krista

    ReplyDelete
  10. please please teach a valentines day card class
    Jackie
    get in touch w/ me
    xstchr10@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for taking the time to explain that. You're very kind.

    I have passed an award to you for just being such an inspirational person. I love your work. It's on my blog. Caryn xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooo cool! I am going to have to try this! Thanks so much girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh t, this is perfect and will help lots of people....i wish i could have been at your class.......hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing! You are heaven sent! Thanks ever so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Teri!

    I was directed to your blog when I was trying to figure out how to make a circle sentiment and I must say yours is by far the best tutorial I've found (even better than YouTube!). It is super easy to follow your instructions but I'm having one little issue. After I've typed the sentiment and imported it to my Word document ready to make into the circle I'm finding when I change the size of the circle the font size jumps up a few sizes and it changes to bold!! Is there something I'm doing wrong or missing? I change the font and the font size before I type the sentiment. I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007 and although I've got the same buttons as you they are in different places but that shouldn't be an issue. I would really appreciate any advice you can give me.

    Many thanks

    Kerry
    http://ladybugcraftsink.blogspot.com

    ladybugcraftsink@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've often wondered how to do this, found your fantastic tutorial and now I know. Your instructions are very clear even for a 'non computer' person like me!! Pleased with the finished result. Thank you so much for taking the time to make and share this tutorial, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete