Saturday, February 28, 2009

MONOGRAM CARDS

Here is a project I did for THE CUTTING CAFE!!! I used the Greeting Card Folder cutting file. Since I embellished my cards with ribbons, I made only 4 A2 size cards and matching envelopes. Regina has designed some really AMAZING printable stamps as well as cutting files at THE CUTTING CAFE so make sure and stop by.

I used my Cricut Cuttable Embossing Kit to create a personalized folder. I created the design in my Cricut Design Studio using the following carts: StoryBook (for the initials); Alphalicious (for the scallop oval) and Home Accents (for the Hummingbird). Once I had the size I wanted, I put the cuttable material on my mat, set my Deep Blade at 4.5, Pressure MAX and Multi-cut 2X. This was the very first time I tried making my very own embossing folder. I used one of my regular embossing folders as a "guide" of where all my cuts would go on the folder. Then I figured out that in order for the initials, scallops and bird to be my embossed items, I had to put the "Negative" of my image on the TOP of the folder and the "Positive" on the bottom. Here are two sample pictures:




All the products I used for this project can be found at HALLMARK SCRAPBOOK.

PAZZLES (To cut the folder)
Expression
Cricut Design Studio
Jukebox
StoryBook
Alphalicious
Home Accents
Tim Holtz Distressing Ink
Cricut Cuttables - Embossing kit


The Cardstock is DSWV and all the pattern paper is from the new DCWV Citrus stack. I also used my new Nesties (YAY - I finally figured out how to use them LOL)

I made this set for a VERY SPECIAL FRIEND - Connie Scott. The stamp you see posted (last picture) is a personalized stamp she sent me so that I can put it on all my projects - she is truly amazing!!! Thanks CONNIE - I totally LOVE my new stamp!!! Love ya!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

Hugs, T






11 comments :

  1. teri teri, i don't know of anyone that is so caring as you. Connie is so lucky and me (smile) to have you in our lives....she is going to love this, all the attention to details, but most of all making this just because...it isn't her birthday, she isn't sick, it is just because...that is really special...hugs sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I just typed up a very long comment, and blogger didn't post it! Anyway, I was saying that this is gorgeous, Connie is WONDERFUL, and I love her! She made three covers for me, and I think of her every single time I use my machines! She is generous, talented, kind, and sweet! She will love this gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job Teri! She will love it! and you have enabled me to buy something new. LOL

    HuGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok this is beyond fabulous. Great details and so well put together. She'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with this! Love the colors!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teri, these are soooo incredible. I am so blessed to have Connie in my life too! She even lives 30 min. from me. I love that lady. She speaks sooooo highly of you!! Your work is so incredible!!! I always enjoy seeing you on the mb!
    Snowmanlover from Cricut Boards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again. Connie is going to be so thrilled! She sends me cards often so I hope I get one of these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! What cardmaking accessories did you use?

    ReplyDelete