Thursday, April 16, 2009

NAUTICAL THEME BABY SHOWER FAVORS

WOW - I am finally finished with my SIL's baby shower party favors. Next will be my daughters First Communion Keepsakes so stay tuned for that - you are going to LOVE it.

I made my SIL a guest sign in book in the shape of a Lighthouse which I cut using my new LIFE'S A BEACH Cricut cartridge that I got from HALLMARK SCRAPBOOK. I also made her 60 sour cream containers and the tags were made using the Pooh and Friends Cricut Cartridge. Finally I made her 60 menus for the guests. The anchors were cut using the Martha Stewart punch because those were made prior to me ordering the cartridge. Here is a picture with all the projects:




The Lighthouse Guest Sign in Book:



The lighthouse was cut using the FIT TO PAGE button and with the blade at 2 and med pressure so that it does not cut all the way out (I cut this pattern out in white 2 times). Since there is no BLACKOUT or SHADOW feature for these cuts, I had to made a pattern this way. Once cut, I glued it to a piece of chip board and hand cut it out.

After I had the base all done, I then cut the Lighthouse out in the colors (red and navy) using Bazzill Cardstock. Once I cut out all my pieces, I glued them to the other pattern and did some sewing, added my yellow rhinestone, added the hemp that ties the book and then glued it to the base part of the book (chipboard).

For the pages, I designed the bottom part of the Lighthouse using my Design Studio and the rounded rectangles in the George and Basic Shapes cartridge - the size was just trial and error......I must have cut them out about 5 times before I finally got the exact size but once I did, I just had to cut the 38 pieces. I did the cover of the book out of chipboard using the same technique as I did the base of the book.

The letters are also from the Life's a Beach Cartridge.

Sour Cream Container:



The tag is done using 2 square scallop punches and then using my Pooh and Friends cartridge, I cut the sailboat square tags....they are sooooo adorable!!!! I added a brad and tied it to the container.

The nautical theme is one of my favorites.....

I hope you liked all the projects.

Hugs, T

17 comments :

  1. OMG! These are too adorable! You are awesome my friend! You are such a sweetie to make all these lovely goodies! Just WONDERFUL! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so beautiful, great job Terri.

    Hug Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! You are one fantastic SIL, I'm tellin ya!!! What an AMAZING project, Teri! You put a lot of work and love into this project, and it shows!! I love every piece of it! I sure hope your SIL realizes what a gem she has in you! Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Teri, those are just beyond too cute.. I don't understand how you did the lighthouse, but it is just awesome... I would scraplift it if I understood how to do it (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh sis, what an amazing project, i take it, she is having a girl...this is stunning, how did you come up with this ideal...i love it...she should do the baby room in these colors to match all of your stuff..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH TERI! Those are the most adorable shower items! You are an amazing desiger... and an ever better SIL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl...this came out awesome!!! The shower was beautiful and all the favors made it even more complete. You really did a great job DSIL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teri, I left something on my blog for you

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are amazing!!!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teri these creations are stunning
    You are so creative
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is fabulous. What an awesome set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fantastic! What a great set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG TERI! This set is fabulous! I haven't even broken open my Life's a Beach and now can't wait to try something. Great Chirp mention too! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is fantastic! I love the nautical theme! The lighthouse is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. After seeing what you did with LAB I just had to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Teri,
    I don't know how I missed this..It is beautiful..I remember you telling me about this project...So amazing...Krista

    ReplyDelete