Monday, June 8, 2009

MY OH MY.......BBTB challenge

Remember the other week that I made that COWBOY layout of my son for the BBTB challenge?? Well this week I made the 2nd page of the layout but of my COWGIRL!!! I had gotten that pocket die from Sizzix the other day and I JUST LOVE IT!!!

This weeks BBTB challenge has a little twist.....we had to use the FLOWER cut from the George cartridge following the SHEETLOAD OF CARDS sketch AND the SHEETCUTS clear or frosted acetate. I knew right away that I wanted to create the layout of my Cowgirl!! I also knew I wanted to heat emboss my acetate or at least attempt to LOL Of course my first flower shriveled up but after the first one - I became a pro - hee hee

Check out the BBTB HERE for other amazing takes on this weeks challenge.






Products: Flowers were cut using the Geroge Cricut Cartridge (deep Blade) on the Expression; Cardstock: Bazzill; Pattern papers: Doodlebug with glitter, Making Memories and Papertrey Ink; Ribbon; Papertrey Ink; Pocket Die: Sizzix; Brads: Elements; Title: Chunky Phrases from THE CUTTING CAFE; Ink: Versamark; White Embossing Power: a la mode; Border punch: EK Success new slim line; Stickles: Magenta and Black; White Gel Pen: Sakura; Misc sewing.

The ribbon at the bottom I cut from a bandana just like the one on her hat, sewed the edges and attached with staples using the gather technique which can be seen on a video from Kristina which can be found HERE.


Hugs to all, T

10 comments :

  1. Oh Terri this is just too adorable.. and that cowgirl of yours is just beautiful... absoutly beautiful.
    hugs
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri, Kasi is just GORGEOUS, and LOVE this layout! Your layouts are always amazing with fabulous details! Love the colors, the pic, and those acetate flowers are just too cool! I love this!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl...your daughter is so beautiful!!! Well she looks like you, and you look like your brother...so..is my daughter going to look like this? YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the SCACD DT spot. I am excited to see your great creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are always full of such detail. I love this layout and how you used the bandana. Your daughter is a cute cowgirl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. look at my niece...Kasi sweetie you look so adorable...just like mommy....awesome layout sis...love ya both...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful page!! Love all the extra details!
    I look forward to working with you on Susana's design team!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teri, you are just so talented and creative... that little cowgirl is just tooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww Teri, Kasi is the sweetest little girl! WOW, I love this layout and all the PINK! You always rock your layouts my sweet friend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete