Thursday, November 5, 2009

CHRISTMAS WITH THE CRICUT.......Layout

Now we all know how much I LOVE making layouts. I am currently working on a scrapbook album of my nephews first year. Each month I make a new layout so this was the perfect opportunity to get ahead of the game.

I made a window/door with a pocket. In the pocket I put 4 tags for journaling and/or pictures. If you notice, the tags are the same shapes as I used yesterday for my gift tag idea. I just LOVE those shapes.



The door/window is cut out at 6" for the bottom layer. This shape can be found on the Winter Woodland cartridge on Page 48 of your manual. The actual door/window is cut using pattern paper at 5 3/4" and in my Gypsy, I welded 4 small squares to make the peek through window and covered it with frosted acetate.



All the tags are cut at approximately 3.5" -4" using the Storybook Cricut Cartridge and the pocket was cut using the Fabulous Finds Cricut Cartridge. The "09" was cut using the Storybook Cartridge.



Products used:
Cricut Expression
Storybook Cricut Cartridge
Winter Woodland Cricut Cartridge
Pattern and glitter paper: K & Co.
Brads
Ribbon: Martha Stewart
Border Punch: Martha Stewart
Tab Punch: SU
Door Knob: Tim Holtz
Frosted Acetate
Key: Tim Holtz
Twill: Papertrey Ink
Distressing Ink: Tim Holtz
Pop Dots: SU

All the snowflakes and buttons on the word "Frosty" are from K & Co.

Now head of over to Christina's blog HERE......my DT sister ROCKED her layout challenge - YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Hugs, T

27 comments :

  1. What a clever idea with the pocket and tags. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Awesome!! Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. T.
    I love how you added the tags as a part of the layout. Great idea.
    Hugs,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS layout girlie! I love the "frosty kisses" title...so sweet! GREAT job girlie! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How in the world do you come up with all of these FABULOUS ideas!?! This LO is awesome! I would have never thought to do that! So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this LO, it is gorgeous!!! Love the idea of the tags incorporated into the LO!! You have truly given me so many great ideas for using acetate.

    Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    Lisa Sturgill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely job again Teri!!! Love the idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Gosh! That is too cute!!! Love the booklet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling layout thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the tags on this layout. What a creative girl you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! That is such a great idea!! Love your page. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I just discovered your blog from christmas w/the cricut & you are brilliant!! I love your page you made along w/everything else!!!
    xxx
    Emma:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Teri!!

    My favorite part of your layout is that ADORABLE door handle and key!!! It is so stinkin cute! I am gonna have to find some of those!

    Thanks for sharing your awesome talent!

    Tammy
    Christmas with the Cricut

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh T, another sweet adorable MASTERPIECE....love it sis....can't wait until tomorrow...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful...when I first saw it...I thought it was the cover to a paper stack!!! I just love the pocket!!! You are doing such a great job at CWTC!!!

    Have a blessed day,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great lo. I love your mini album!!!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Love your layout! What an awesome idea to add the mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this layout - especially the whole tag book concept - how clever is that! I think this is just gorgeous!! Thank you so much for all your hard work on the CWTC blog this week - your creations have been outstanding!!

    Teri, you're such a sweetie and so talented!!

    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Teri, you are so creative, I just love what you have done with this lo...

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! This layout is simply GORGEOUS!!! I love the tag idea....Frosty Kisses is just perfect I sooo need to get that Winter Woodland cart!)....and loveee the frosted acetate!! Did you buy it like that or make it??

    Awesome job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is wonderful! What a great way to use tags. Can't wait to try this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the pocket with the door knob and key. Great job. Thanks for sharing. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice layout. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't decide which one I like most??? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete