Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Special Layout!!

HI EVERYONE!!! This layout is dedicated to my beautiful parents. About a month ago, our church was taking pictures for their annual yearbook so they decided to take a picture with all their grandkids.

Last night I stayed up watching Marion at A PIECE OF CRAFT and let me tell you.......she is amazing!!!! She had a live show on Ustream on how to create a unique 12 x 12 layout. All night and all day at work today, all I kept thinking about was doing a special layout using all her creative techniques.

I knew I wanted to do the layout using this special picture so that I can see it every day in my scrapbook room. I zoomed home from work, fed the kids and off to work I went painting, distressing and creating!!!

Marion thank you so much.....you are a huge inspiration and AMAZING artist. Can't wait for your book to come out.....

I want to also thank my friend BONA for her amazing twisted flower technique. Bona you inspire me so much too. The blue and ivory flowers throughout this layout I handmade myself. I joined Bona's mini page swap for June which includes these flowers so I will be posted those pictures here on my blog this weekend.

Supplies: Graphic 45 Fashionista pattern paper; K & Co. pattern paper; Antique White acrylic paint; Tim Holtz Distress Inks; Prima pearls; Butterfly stamp from Hero Arts; Moon Shadow Mist from Lindy's Stamp Gang; Flower Twing K & Co. Tim Coffey Collection; Stick Pin from Tim Holtz; SU Modern Label Punch; Lace from Rose (Etsy Store); Prima roses; The big white flower on the layout was tied around a big bag of embellishments given to me from my sis Regina Easter over a year ago - the only thing I changed was the tag.

Thanks for stopping by!!
Hugs, T





9 comments :

  1. Beautiful. The tom edges are fun and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI T, oh my this is gorgeous and i really love the butterflies...what a beautiful layout...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri, absolutely stunning! What a wonderful treasure for your parents! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout...and your family is beautiful! Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing!!!! I finally came to your blog site, and I'm in awe! We need to get together and scrap SOON!!!!!
    Hope all is well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning layout Teri... I am sooooo glad you send me the note the other day, it was a beautiful & sweet surprise to hear from you. HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete