Sunday, June 27, 2010

MY FIRST COMMUNION - Sepia layout



So I've been wanting to create a layout using pictures printed in Sepia. For my son's First Holy Communion, I took some great pictures of him during the ceremony. I did have studio pictures done for him but these are more natural.

For me to create layouts of my son is a bit challenging because I am limited as to what embellishments I can use. After brainstorming and pulling out a few things, this is what I came up with.

Being on the Sepia kick, I also decided to do a tag using the same colors.

Supplies for the layout as well as the tag: Lindy's Stamp Gang Moon Shadow Mist in Golden Doubloons and Crow's Nest Copper (I switched out the spray top for the short hair dauber); Title "My First Communion" is from The Cutting Cafe; Prima Cherry Blossom Vine; Swarovski crystals; Pazzles machine from HALLMARK SCRAPBOOK; burlap fabric; Offray burlap ribbon; Tim Holtz Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Ink; Papertrey Ink card stock; Papertrey Ink Twine; Prima Say It In Crystals; Prima Leaves; Music Note Stamp from Red Lead Paper Works; Elizabeth Bell Stamp from SCACD; Flower Soft; Copic Markers; Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Embossing Powder.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Hugs, T








Here are pictures of my tag:

9 comments :

  1. Awesome job Teri!.. I love Sepia tone and you've taken it to a whole 'nother level!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout, and isn't he just too cute. Your tag is also awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my yes yes yes...this is fab t, damian looks so darn cute in the corner picture...what awesome parents you and bernie are...your truly blessed...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the kids and I are hanging out at my Mom's while hubby is working this week, which means I have a ton of time to sit my butt at the computer! LOL!
    That and I havent been by in awhile so I took some time to go back and look at quite a few of your posted projects and I just LOVE what you've been doing!!! So many wonderful things, and for not having used your Copics for so long, you certainly did some great coloring!
    This LO is beyong amazing, the details are perfect and I do love the pictures! Looks like a wonderful day for the family!
    Teri, hope you are having a great summer so far!!! xoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Still masculine. The canvas totally reminded me of the banner I made for my 1st Communion, You totally captured the feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty LO.... You inspire me to work on my son's first communion pics !
    Regards,
    Maria Elena.-

    ReplyDelete