Friday, October 22, 2010

"ABIGAIL" (BABY PICTURE FRAME"



Just a quick post today with a new altered frame.

One of the girls that works in another office on our floor is having a baby, so today we are all giving her a lunch/baby shower. I started getting the flowers together, pulling the paper and before I knew it, I was done with the frame.

I used the Basic Grey Kioshi paper to cover the frame, painted it with a mix of antique white acrylic paint and water to give it the white wash look. The flowers are ALL from iamroses.com - I am in love with these flowers. I buy them in white so that I can alter them to match my project. The flowers are altered using the Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays in Ramblin Rose Pink; Magnolia Magenta Gold and Baby Azure Sea Asters misted very lightly. I also spayed the entire background paper with the Ramblin Rose Pink after I white washed it.

I used the scrap from the frame section to cut out the baby's name "ABIGAIL" using the Tim Holtz Vintage Alphabet Die.

Other Supplies: Websters Pages Lace; Martha Stewart Butterfly punches; Martha Stewart Lace border punch; glossy accents, Prima Say it in Pearls, Misc Sewing.

More altered frames to come.....hopefully this weekend I will make 3 frames for some very special friends. I just LOVE altering them. I also have to keep working on the ones for the teachers so you will be seeing lots of altered frames using new paper lines from GENERATIONS CRAFTING.

(I had to edit my post this morning to show the quick card I made for her last night)

Have a great weekend!!
Hugs, T






HERE IS THE MATCHING CARD I MADE:

12 comments :

  1. Beautiful frame and card. I just love the soft colors, T. TFS!! Hugs, Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be as talented as you when I grow up! LOL! Gorgeous! I believe your friend is going to absolutely love both of these projects! Have a happy weekend and I can't wait to see the rest of your frames!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very pretty! Love how you made a matching card to go with the gift. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just BEAUTIFUL girlie! She will fall in love with it the minute she sees it! What a grand gift for a grand occasion! I love it! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER pretty, Teri. I love the stitching, it adds that extra something! Isn't iamroses..com just awesome? I have half-a-room's worth and I still can't get enough of those flowers! LOL!!! Have a great weekend, girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Teri!!! Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend. =)

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That frame and card is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Teri...please tell me what she said when she opened her gift. It's gorgeous! The colors are so beautiful. The card is gorgeous too.

    Hope you have a great weekend crafting!

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful frame. I am sure she loved the frame and the card. She is one lucky mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous Teri, love the soft shades of pink and the lace. Love the card too.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my this takes my breath away....just gorgeous sis...

    ReplyDelete