Wednesday, October 13, 2010

FAMILY FRAME...."Family is everything"



This year, I am starting early on the teachers Christmas gifts so this week for Generations Crafting I altered a wooden frame from Michael's for one of my daughters teachers. Here is a picture of the 12 x 12 frame (It will fit up to a 5 x 7 photo):





Well if you notice, this frame can either be hung on the wall or stood on a table......I took all the screws off the frame, sanded it and painted it with Acrylic paint in a mushroom color (so beautiful). Then I chose this beautiful paper from the Basic Grey Pyrus Collection (Oblate) and I placed it on the frame, traced out the opening for the picture and cut it out. Once I had the paper ready, I placed the frame aside and started working on the pattern paper....choosing flowers, pearls, stamps, inks, pins, etc.

Here is the final frame......unfortunately when I put it all together, I noticed I had set it all up UPSIDE DOWN!!!!! LOL....these things ONLY happen to me LOL.....I just started laughing.....what was I to do right????? The final frame can only be hung now instead of having the option of placing it on a table or hanging but it's OK....I really love the way it turned out.

Supplies: Basic Grey Pyrus: Oblate (Main background); Basic Grey Pyrus: Elements Stickers (Flower boarder to the left); Prima Swirls with Lace (Gold); Prima Autumn Harvest Ginger flowers

The word FAMILY is from the Home Accents Cricut cartridge cut on the Cricut Expression.

Additional items: Tim Holtz Pin, Tim Holtz Adage ticket, Tim Holtz Film Strip, Tim Holtz Tiny attacher, Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo, Tim Holtz masking tape in the musical notes, pearl trim, alcohol ink, Prima lace, Swarovski crystals, Girls Paperie Dress Form stamp, Lace, iamroses flowers, glimmer mist, misc sewing, acrylic paint, Dymo label maker, skeleton leaves and Twine from Papertrey Ink.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!!
Hugs, T





20 comments :

  1. Love the altered frame. As usual you do beautiful work. Your daughters teacher is one lucky person to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, WOW, WOW! This is GORGEOUS girl friend! I love altering frames! This one is so vintage looking, which I LOVE! The teacher who receives it is one lucky lady! GREAT job girlie! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just BEAUTIFUL, Teri! And, NO, those things happen to me as well!
    Thank you so much for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so gorgeous Teri, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful! How lucky those teachers will be to receive one of your beautiful gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It came out beautiful. The dress form looks like wood, nice finish.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Family is EVERYTHING. Thank you for sharing Teri. Your frame is absolutely GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Teri this is gorgeous. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teri your frame is so BEAUTIFUL. Did you use the cricut to cut out FAMILY? Wondering what cart. if you did?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work Teri!! I would love to be your daughter's teacher and receive that as a Christmas gift. LOL =) TFS.

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Teri, this is gorgeous! Think I want to teach your dd next year, okay? Seriously, minor safu aside (and yes those things happen to me too) this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely GORGEOUS, Teri! I love it! TFS girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aye Teri! Your frame is absolutely beautiful! The teacher is going to love it. You are so funny! I've had things happen to me like that too. She will gladly place a photo and display the frame. I'm sure of it!

    Have a great day!

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW this is so stunningly beautiful Teri!
    A fabulous project so elegantly done.
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So gorgeous T ! I LOVE it and so will the teacher, and........nope....those things don't only happaen to you... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello my friend! This is beautiful! I've thought about doing this type of thing as gifts. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Beautiful!!! Love it I'm now a follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW Teri, this is the project you spoke about. It's gorgeous, I got one of the frames with a friend in mind. I might scraplift a bit, love the dress form. This is amazing like all your work.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow wow wow wow teri, this is one gorgeous frame you redid...you really are amazing...hugs

    ReplyDelete