Saturday, January 8, 2011

FUN GIRLS DAY OUT!!!

What a great day today......I spent it with my beautiful daughter Kasi and my local scrap friends Ana and Mercy. I picked up Ana and headed South where we met up with Mercy at her Michaels and O-M-G......that Michael's IS THE BEST!!!!! I thought the one 25 minutes from my house was awesome.....I see myself visiting homestead more often lol. They had TONS of Cricut cartridges for $9.99. I didn't get any because I had most of the ones that were on sale.....BUT they had the brand new recollections items out and WOW...BEAUTIFUL STUFF!!!! I did buy a few pieces - NOT ALL - and a few other goodies. We had a blast - these girls are so much fun!!

After M's we headed to Mercy's house where we hung out for about 30 minutes......her scrap area is GREAT!! She has great size shelves with the Ikea storage boxes.....her punches are on the wall with the rails and she has the most amazing cherished teddies collection - WOWZA!!!! It was really great to see the room where she creates and films her videos. Mercy had found some ornament hooks at Target in gold and silver that my Target didn't have and she also found the alterable boxes from Michael's and she was so sweet to share some with me (pics below).

On the way to take Ana back home we made a pit stop by my house because I wanted her to see my room and give me some rearranging ideas.....her tips were great!!! Kasi and I drove Ana back home and let me just say...her home is so warm and yummy.....even the back yard. I had been there before but I just LOVE her home....it's BEAUTIFUL!!! While in her FABULOUS scrapbook room, she showed me a few ways I can consolidate my flowers, brads, papers, etc. I think that once I start organizing, I will have more room than I thought I did. She gave me some really beautiful flowers that will work great with my Project Life album and a huge role of gorgeous ribbon (pics below) and she gave Kasi this gorgeous vintage/shabby jewelry storage with a mirror (pics below)....we are planning on doing her bedroom very shabby chic so this piece will go perfect with the glass jars I found at M's a couple weeks ago that have these vintage looking crowns with bling on them. We are so excited to start her room as well. In addition, she gave Kasi this really cute pink paper storage, a couple of super cute hand made layouts she created and a brand new pink tote for her scrappy supplies....Kasi was so happy. She is going to switch out her teal and brown tote for the pink one and she will keep it on her desk. THANKS ANA!!! Kasi loves everything and is so grateful!!

Thank you so much girls.....I truly had an amazing day.....we have to do it again!!!

HUGS, T



6 comments :

  1. FHi Teri, looks like you all had a great time. I too live in Miami and I teach at the Michael's in Homestead. I live close to Southland Mall. Where abouts do you live? I love your work and TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri, I didn't know you live in Miami! I used to live in Pembroke Pines but moved to Alabama two years ago. I teach at Paper Niche (Plantation, by the Sawgrass mall) about every other month. Hope I get to meet you on my next trip! (Jan 21-22). I am sooo happy you had a great time with friends. My phone is (954) 294-6058 and e-mail is beatruzguzman58@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Teri, I also had a great time. I I loved everything about our outing. I had such a great time. I am so glad that I went with you. Mercy really does have a wonderful room, but your room as just as great. Like I said I am still organizing mine. I can't wait to see how you organize yours.
    Thanks for the amazing flowers and the wonderful day. I had a blast. Now lets just plan a day to scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun-filled day! Thanks for sharing, and keep on scrapping.=)

    -Samantha

    athnam at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, you are always so sweet. I loved hanging out with you guys. Let me know the next time you want to get together because I am there!! Muahhhh, Mercy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri,
    You are an amazing, talented lady and I do enjoy your blog, projects and videos tremendously. You have a Beautiful family and I wish you the best!!! Thanks for all the inspiration and good luck always.

    ReplyDelete