Thursday, January 6, 2011

TAKING A BREAK FOR A WHILE........

Well not exactly 100% but during my 2-3 week crafting break at the end of 2010, I had time to really sit and think about LIFE. I browsed the internet....read blogs and then I found BECKY HIGGINS!!! WOW!!!! She changed my way of viewing what was REALLY important in my life and although I already knew (or at least I thought I knew), she just broke it down to "REALITY"!!!!!

Becky Higgins is an amazing artist and founder of PROJECT LIFE. Documenting moments in your life and the life of your family at any given moment is priceless and it doesn't have to entail all the bells and whistles that my layouts would have. I did a lot of research, read blog of crafters that have participated in Project Life, viewed each and every video of Becky's "12 days of Christmas" and then just fell in love with the idea. My PROJECT LIFE kit was ordered on December 29, 2010 from Amazon.com and I expect it to arrive tomorrow - woooo hoooo!!!!

Here is a little crafting history about me:
At the beginning of my scrapbooking hobby, I had the honor of being a part of BITTEN BY THE BUG with Regina Easter. Regina and I met through the Cricut message board. We both joined in on a Secret Santa and she had ME. YES I was envied by many LOL and I was truly very lucky.....not for the "goodies" I received but for the lifetime friendship that came of it. Our sisterly relationship grew from there. I admire her work (it's awesome), the person she is as a mother, sister, daughter, wife and friend!!! She is my shoulder when I need to cry and vent.....I don't have words to explain my love for her. She is a VERY special friend and she will FOREVER hold a special place in my heart.

Through the Cricut message board I also met Connie Scott and her daughter Becky which I LOVE very much. I can't express in words how much they mean to me ♥

Shortly after I became a designer for Bitten by the Bug, I had the honor of being on the HALLMARK SCRAPBOOK LADYBUG design team. WOW!!!!! Jody and Brad are AMAZING and they too are very dear to my heart and I will forever be greatful to them for having me on their team. During this time, my work was also published in several crafting magazines and as you can imagine, I was ecstatic!!!!!

Two amazing friends blossomed from BBTB and Hallmark Scrapbook. Sharon of Grandma's House of Cards and DeeDee of Scrappin' with DeeDee. OH...EM.....GEEEE, what can I say......summing it up, I LOVE these girls from the bottom of my heart. We may not chit chat often but when we do, we pick up right where we left off and I know should I EVER have a problem, they are just an email/phone call away. Regina, Sharon and DeeDee are MY THREE MUSKETEERS...today, tomorrow and FOREVER!!!

Oh boy......can I now tell you about my fabulous SBFF????? Oh yeah, that's "S" for "Scrappy" BFF LOL Christina from Creations with Christina. Being a part of the very first Christmas with the Cricut (CWTC) and sharing the same week of projects with Christina was all we needed to kick start an amazing friendship. We helped each other with some ideas, informed each other of different techniques and products, emailed every single day because we were both stressed out and wanted our projects to ROCK LOL......after CWTC, we remained great friends. We chit chat on the phone every other week (or so), send each other text messages, etc. She is an amazing friend......my twin sis for life and I love her to pieces!!!!!

Through the crafting years I have also had the honor of being on some AMAZING design teams......SUSANA'S CUSTOM ART AND CARD DESIGNS; GENERATIONS CRAFTING and LINDY'S STAMP GANG. The owners of these company will FOREVER hold a special place in my heart - ALWAYS!!!! They know that if they EVER need anything, I will be here. I love you always Susana, Floren and Tracey!!!!!! I had some wonderful DT sisters that shared their spectacular work with the world. I learned so much from each and every one of them and I can't thank them enough for being a part of my life.

Then I started my Youtube channel and met some GREAT, FABULUOS, STUNNING, AMAZING, TALENTED, GIFTED...you name it.....crafters!!!! To mention a few: Bona, Arlene, Regina F., Rose, Jade, Rina.... and the list goes on - way to many to mention but these few girls totally stand out!!! Because of THEM, I got inspired to make videos. THANKS GIRLS.....I LOVE YOU ALL TODAY AND ALWAYS!!!!! Also this past year, through Youtube (and also my blog), I met some local crafters that are amazing.....Ana, Mercy, Marlene, Olga, Rita, Kathryn, Martica, Yeya .... We had such a blast together the day we all met!!! xoxoxoxo to all of you!!!

Now on a more personal note......As most of you already know, I am a full time real estate paralegal and my office if about a 45 minute commute each way. I come home to cook, clean up, check homework and get ready for the next day. I have a handsome little boy named Damian that will be 9 next week and my beautiful princess Kasi that will be TEN at the end of Febuary!!! (YES they are ONLY 10 1/2 months apart LOL) My son plays baseball (it's his PASSION...uuuummmmm MORE LIKE AN ADDICTION!!!!!). There are two games a week plus 2-3 practices a week. Kasi used to be in gymnastics but decided it was not for her and that's OK. Sundays I spend the day doing groceries for the week, laundry and getting ready to start the week and routine all over again. I know...I'm not the only BUSY mom out there....it's what moms do but.....

When January 1st came, I made myself MANY goals, one of which I already accomplished and one that is going to be a lifetime commitment. My little goals are all HOME related.....deep clean EVERY room in the house, including the two car garage - YIKES, and get organized (this too may take several months). Another goal is to take 2-3 mini vacations this year with my family........first one already booked for March - WOOT!!! I quickly came to the realization that my crafting will just have to be simplified.

My kids and husband are MY LIFE and I want to document all of our special moments together quickly and without all the bells and whistles because to be honest.....at the end of the day, it won't matter how many bells and whistles my projects have, or how many design teams I was on, or how many times I was published in a magazine, or how many gadgets and gizmos I own...........I will NEVER have this time again with my family and I want to enjoy each and every spare moment with them. I know PROJECT LIFE will be awesome and every month, I will include a 12 x 12 layout in my book for the "Special event" of the month (b-day, anniversary, holidays, etc.), spotlight special pictures on a different - stand alone page, etc. I also want my kids and husband to take part in the journaling of this book. Thank you Becky Higgins for opening up my eyes to what documenting life is "REALLY" all about!!! I will share my journey of goals throughout the year, share my Project Life every few months with everyone.

A special "Thank you" goes out to all my Blog followers......all the subscribers to my Youtube channel and all the wonderful friendships that have blossomed from it all.

Best to everyone for 2011!! May your year be filled with lots of LOVE, HAPPINESS, PROSPERITY AND GREAT HEALTH!!!!!

Hugs, T

17 comments :

  1. This is a really beautiful post Teri! You've definitely got the right idea! I wish you all the very best for a JOY filled 2011!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl, It almost seems like you are going away. I can't believe you have made this decision. Sad for us that our your followers but great for you and your family. And as we all say Family Comes First. No doubt about that. I am anxious to see the work you will be doing with Project Life.
    Thanks for sharing and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Teri! I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you did for my store! You are an amazing friend and were a fantastic team member. I know how hard it is to make a decision like this. To take a step back and realize what is really important and what you need to do to truly be happy. I will always admire and respect you and wish you the very best in the years to come! Big Hugs, Floren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Teri!!!!! Thank you for sharing your heart with us and for inspiring us even more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how I already feel about you, T-Bear, so words can't express. Praying you and your family have a beautiful 2011. :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Teri, I have been following Becky since she started her website and I agree she is fantastic! very inspiring, with an eye for design and a crafter. My Project Life came December and is still in the box (shame on me) but my resolution for 2011 are monthly goals (baby steps). I have also been following you, even though I didn't always comment and think you are also very inspiring and talented so please post pictures of your progress of Project Life. And all I can tell you is to live life by do what you love with the ones you love.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teri, I truly admire you in every way! You are an inspiration, not only as an amazing crafter, but for the person you are. Enjoy every moment with your family. The kids grow so fast... in a blink, they're off to college. :-( I look forward to seeing the lay-outs each month. If ever you need to chat, you know where to find me. :-) LOVE ya girl!

    P.S. I have to check out Becky Higgins now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will miss all your wonderful and amazing creations my friend. However I have to say we are SBFF's and that S means scrappy remember. So I will continue to enable you with those M's coupons bwahahahahaha....seriously though Teri, I'm so grateful that my Cricut brought me this wonderful friendship. Your my twin sis...and hello I think we are due for a phone chat, we need to giggle ...Big hugs to my twin...love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny because for some reason I was drawn to come by here tonight and now I know why...
    First off, every Mom would understand wanting life to be more about their family...because without them, we having nothing (okay them and God but...LOL!!!)
    I admire this decision, I really do. I admire anything, any choice that has real heart behind it.

    I hope only the best for you in all you do!

    God bless! Leah

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Teri! I love this entry. I thought I was the only one thinking like this. We make projects as memories for our families, but if we don't spend time with our families, we will never have the memories to share. I commend you! And blessings on your next venture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. well sis what can i say, I
    ADMIRE
    LOVE
    AM GRATEFUL FOR
    HONORED TO KNOW
    SO GLAD TO HAVE....... AS MY NEWLY, FOUND SIS
    AND CAN'T LIVE WITH.....

    YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU

    I am so glad that God brought YOU to me....

    I AM SO PROUD OF YOU....
    I would call ya right now, but I know we would be boo oooing....so I will call ya another day.

    so hey be on the look out when Bernie out of the blue takes ya to a restaurant...you never know who might just be there...LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post. And as an older woman who has been down this path, let me just say that this is the right decision. You can't turn back the clock after the kiddos are gone. You'll have plenty of time to scrap ... down the road ... Project Life is Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are such a sweet heart Ms. Teri. Thank you for opening up your heart to us like that. So much truth in your words. I'm very happy for you and your family and I'm looking foward to those LO.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my sweet friend!

    If ever there was a more beautiful earthly angel than you!

    I am so blessed to have your friendship. As you say we dont get to chit-chat as often as we should, but when we do you'd think we talked every day! I love my 3 little Muskies and seriously dont know what I'd without you all! All 3 of you have true concern for me in your hearts and I love you all for it!

    Just know that the decision you've made is the right one and you wont know how happy you are till you start living life for YOU and your little sweet family!

    Congrats and Good Luck my friend! I'll be chatting with you soon! :)

    I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOO...you made me cry!!! What can I say...you know me...I'm just a big old sap! LOL! Teri, you know I love you and think the world of you! We have been through a lot and had some really good heart to hearts! I can't even begin to tell you how much your friendship means to me. One of these days I truly hope to get to meet you in person and give you the hug you deserve. Next time you see your Mom, give her a huge hug from me and tell her I said thank you for bringing such a generous, caring, compasionate person into this world. I'm truly blessed to have you in my life, and even more blessed to have you as a wonderful friend. Love you girl.
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too just ordered and received my project life kit last week. I love it. I had all my 2009 pics in a box. They are all now in an album where everyone can enjoy them. That is what they are for after all! I had scrapped some special pages for 2009 (Easter, Christmas etc). They fit right in the book. It is absolutely the best of both worlds. As soon as Amazon gets more kits in (the first batch sold out) I will order the turqoise for my 2010 pics. I truly love it. I will still scrap special occasions, our vacations, and all her dance pics etc. But the others will be nicely displayed in the project life pages. Now that I have put them in, I almost prefer it to scrapbooking, b.c more of the picture is intact. (I tend to crop my pictures when I scrapbook)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Teri-I totally understand where you are coming from! I have been led to use my blog in a new way this year. I will continue to post artwork but I am dedicating Mondays to devotionals that I've written throughout my life with MS. If you have time, check it out http://queenbeesmusings.blogspot.com/2011/01/monday-musings-in-his-hands.html

    ReplyDelete