Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Kasi's "Florida" school project

Well it's already HUMP DAY - wooooo hooooooo!!!!! Looking forward to my long weekend even though I'll be spring cleaning my bedroom and bathroom. We are going to paint and clean out "stuff". It's long overdue. I really want to try and scrap a little - lets see :)

I wanted to share with you a school project Kasi has been working on. Well it was actually a week long process of her making the paste out of salt, flour and water - then molding the states ( two coats and they each had to dry completely before painting). She embellished and painted over the weekend. All I did was weld the letters in my Gypsy and cut them out for her - she did everything else.

She needed icons for her Key Map and Map so after a little brainstorming I came up with the idea of using brads. They are small and cheap enough. I did a google search and came across a place called EYELET OUTLET. OMG if you are ever looking for a specific brad/eyelet you will find it here. They have really great prices and their customer service is amazing.

I wanted to say "THANK YOU" to my friend Ana for helping us out the Mickey Ear brads as well as the compass and scrapbook sand - they totally completed the project!!! THANKS GIRLIE - WE OWE YOU!!!!

Enjoy the pictures and see you tomorrow with another layout!!!! I have my mojo back so watch out LOL

Hugs, T










9 comments :

  1. Hey Ms Kasi, your project is amazing. You did a great job. Love it. I know if I was a teacher I'd ask to keep it and display it in my class.
    You have to thank your mom for finding those brads for you. They are super duper cute. Love the fishing rod and fish to point out the Florida Keys.
    By the way tell your mom she does not owe me. In the scrappy world, we have to share. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kasi,
    You did great girl. I love the whole project and I especially like that little fishing pole and fish. That was so clever. I know who to call when Ethan has a project that he needs help with....
    Hugs,
    Aunt C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Kasi. wow I'm so impressed. I hope you get an A for sure keep us posted.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job Team Berrios! Kasi, you did an excellent job & Teri, the brad idea was brilliant.
    Tell us the final grade!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Fantastic job, Kasi! I say you deserve an A+!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job!! I give it an A+
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great project! I'm sure you'll get a terrific grade. I wish I had a cricut when I was in school.

    I'd love to know what fonts were used for the words (Atlantic Ocean & Gulf of Mexico). I really like the look of them & don't recognize what they are

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work, Kasi! I am sure your teacher thought it was marvelous ~ well done! :D Those brads are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kasi! This is absolutely awesome! I'm sure you got an A+ on this project!

    ReplyDelete