Thursday, September 22, 2011

HOME MADE CANDY JAR & BUTTERFLY FRAME

I'm a little obsessed with Pinterest lately thanks to my super fabulous friend DeeDee (thanks girlie).  I have found a few projects on there that I have re-created.  My first project is this candy jar:





The original project shows 3 jars (different sizes) and it was Halloween theme.  The letters "B""O""O" hung from the lid and the wood pieces were painted black.  You can see the original project HERE.  I will be making several of these for the teachers for Christmas and filling them with Peppermint candy.

Then last week, DeeDee posted a few projects made with paint chips from Home Depot.  Check out her blog HERE for inspiration.   What a brilliant idea.   I immediately went to Pinterest and was inspired by THIS butterfly project.   While I was at Walmart picking up some easels on Sunday, I stopped in the paint dept.   Kasi and I chose colors to match her room....hot pink, orange, green and turquoise.  I love the way the colors go from light to dark.   The frame is also from Walmart.  Now I leave you with a couple pictures.

If you haven't checked out Pinterest, YOU HAVE TO!!!  It's awesome.....and very addictive- hee hee!!!

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!!

Hugs, T




This is the frame on the shelf with the 3 Donna Downey autographed artwork and the matching toss pillow on her bed.  The toss pillow was the inspiration behind the colors in her room:




14 comments :

  1. OMG....I love these projects sis! That jar is sooooooo cute and love Kasi's butterfly frame. What a great idea. Hugs, C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is beautiful! I love how you are taking products to the next level and making art for home decor!

    :) Heidi- Simon Says Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG isn't pintetest addicting. I so love it. Awesome projects sis. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teri, this jar is so cute! I LOVE it! Where did you get it? I want to make one, too!
    Thanks for sharing ~ you are such an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE the butterflies!!! they are soooooo great!!!! the candy jar is not only beautiful but yummy....mmmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow.... love them all!!!! that frame is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how awesome is that butterfly frame!!!! I LOVE it, Teri!! It goes PERFECT in her room! You are so talented!! Have a fabulous weekend, ladybug!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, you are so creative. LOVE that butterfly frame Teri, so very pretty. Super cute room, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us, a look into your decor. I love it, my dear.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful projects Teri! Kasi's room is adorable. Love the color combinations. So pretty. Miss you!

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW LOVE YOUR PROJECTS. AWESOME JOB.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderfull, greeting from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stuff Teri! Ever since I saw your candy jar I've been wanting to make one, but have not found the wooden dowels :( They are gorgeous. Love Kasi's room colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeousness!!! I just recently joined pinterest & it is SOOO AWESOME & inspiring!!! Keep up the good work girlfriend!!! Xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember seeing this blog post and thought I left a comment. Guess not. =( I saw these candy jars on Pinterest and searched everywhere for the wooden stands. Would you be willing to share where you got them? This is fabulous!!

    Love all the colors in Kasi's room, so pretty. That frame fits perfectly in there.

    TFS.

    x0, D

    ReplyDelete