Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Today is a sad day.....

Two years ago today, I lost an amazing, beautiful friend, to Breast Cancer.   Mabel was a WONDERFUL mother to three handsome boys....they were her life.    She was the assistant to the Chief of Police at the Sweetwater Police Department.  Everywhere she went, she made people laugh.

I remember the night of her funeral, her middle son, Bryan, told Bernie and I that he was going to join the police academy to become a police officer for the department his mother worked for.  He did just that.  His mother would have been so proud of him.

Last night I found out he passed away on Sunday in a motorcycle accident.  He was only 22.  The news devastated us.  I could not stop crying.   My prayers are with his two brothers and their family.  Heaven gained another angel.  You will be missed Bryan.

His burial is today.....exactly two years (to the date) of his mom's passing.
I miss you my friend.



Hugs, T

4 comments :

  1. That is tragic. It sounds like these two people were every day heros. We are all poorer for the lost of extraordinary people. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, that is sad news. I'm very sorry to hear it. Their memories are treasures now. Hugs and prayers to all.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memories last forever.

    When we lose a loved one our memories of times spent with them become even more precious.

    May your memories comfort you during this difficult time.

    With the passing of time, may the spirit of acceptance and inner peace enfold you.

    Sending you love in Christ.
    Marjorie Brundage (Marjorie from TX)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how very very sad My thoughts and prayers to you and your family and the families of the friends lost

    ReplyDelete