Friday, May 8, 2015

Teacher Appreciation - My Creative Time Alumni project ❤

Happy Friday!!

So super excited to be back on the My Creative Time blog today as an
Alumni Guest Designer!!  How cool is that?

Since it's teacher appreciation week, I decided to create a project 
for this special occasion....


My card base is made using the new Bunch of Stitched Star Dies.  I added the sentiment
from the new You're My Hero Stamp Set which was ideal for a teacher.  The word "teacher" comes
from the Love To Learn Dies + Stamps as well as the apple die.  Then for the
Chalkboard "ledge", I used the window sill die from the Stitched Window Dies & Accessories
and I love the way the apple and the word "teacher" just sits on it.
Using white ink and a dauber,
I distressed the black paper to give it the "chalkboard" appearance.

The pencil holder is a recycled candle jar that I cleaned out.  I wrapped Stampin Up
ribbon and using a medium clothes pin, I added the
tag which I made using the XL Label Die and Stitched XL Label Die.  The sentiment
is Enjoy the Little Things Stamp Set also from the new release.
I glued a piece of twine to the clothes pin, as well as the card, to bring a little more
 yellow to the project.
  
Thank you Miss Emma for having me back
as an Alumni Guest Designer for My Creative Time!!
I sure had a great time!!

Now I leave you with a few close up pictures of the projects. 




THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!!
Hugs to all,
T







7 comments :












  1. Congrats on being Miss Emma's guest designer today!! Your Card is so cute....love all your super clever and creative ideas and lots you did come up with. Great idea for achieving your chalkboard also your idea to have the look of a shelf....so cute and your Pencil holder project is darling...Girl you sure shared lots of great way to use Miss Emma's goodies. I miss your videos. Loved what your brought to share today!! YOU ROCK!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute project. Love the chalkboard look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure did a great job with the chalkboard effect. The distressing is perfect. Wonderful card and I like how you reused the glass and attached the XL Label. The teacher will love it. Beautiful job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are FABULOUS Teri! What great Teacher Appreciation ideas!
    Congrats on your Alumni Guest Spot :)
    Hope all is well with you!
    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lucky teacher who receives this set will love it. Great idea for the chalk ledge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Teri ~ these are simply AMAZING!! LOVE the Thanks idea and oh my the teacher gifts are seriously PERFECT and FUN ~ LOVE them!! BEAUTIFULLY done! So happy to see you back to crafting~ sorry I am a tad behind ~ Hope all is well with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete